Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Party Week- Day 2- Skirts/Shorts/Trousers

Arrgggghhhhhh so the snow is now becoming one heck of a pain in the old arse now. Haven't been able to see the bestie to give her her birthday presents today, and it looks like York on Thursday is going to be cancelled due to the lovely weather. If anyone wants 2ft of snow, leave me a comment and I'll bag it up and send it to you.

So its day 2 of the Christmas Party Outfit week (apologies for the snow rant above) and its everything else which covers your bottom half.

Its only recently that I've discovered that I can wear other things for a night out apart from dresses and still look half decent. Some of the items below I'll definately be wearing out over Christmas. Personally I think the key to a perfect outfit is to buy pieces of clothing which will work with existing items in your wardrobe, or items of clothing which you would be able to wear in the summer or even next Christmas.

These are my favourites (along with some items I already have).

1. Skirts
Gold Jacquard Skirt £32 Miss Selfridge, Glittered Tulle Skirt £17.80 Forever21, Feather Mini Skirt £75 Topshop, Green Tulip Skirt £24.99 H+M.

Striped Skirt £7.50 Forever21 (I have a very similiar skirt to this from Asos), Sage Chiffon Stripe Mini £55 Topshop (I am in love with this dress), Zig Zag Skirt £6.99 H+M (I have this skirt, love it), Pink Pearl Sequin Embellished Skirt £44.99 River Island.

Asos Tailored Pleat Side Pencil Skirt £28 Asos, Devo Skirt £123 All Saints, Asos High Waisted Pleat Skirt £30 Asos, Asos Exaggerated Bow Mini £28 Asos (reminds me of the Lanvin for H+M skirts).

2. Shorts.
Waterfall Drape Shorts £34 Topshop, Leather Shorts £70 Warehouse, Gunmetal Sequin Shorts £45 Topshop (wish I had the confidence to wear these), Brown Leather Shorts £68 Topshop.

3. Trousers/Leggings.
Asos Front Pleat Chino £28 Asos, Grisgrain Hareem Pants £40 Topshop, Asos Slim Leg Trouser £36 Asos, Crepe Fold Over Hareems £38 Topshop (I have these and love them, but they're actually tapered leg trousers not hareems).

Khaki Paper Bag Waisted Taper Leg Trousers £42 Topshop, Faux Leather Stretch Trousers £38 Topshop, ignore those i've included them twice, Wet Look Leggings £20 Topshop (I swear by these in the Winter).

These are my picks- apologies about the amount of Topshop I have mentioned in the trouser post, but along with Asos I think they do the best trousers. With the items I've picked I believe you can wear 95% of these throughout the year- so you will get your moneys worth.

Now the other question is- What to wear with these?? You'll find that out tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment