Monday, January 3, 2011

Best of 2010 (and a mini rant)

I'm in a shit mood today- I'm not going to lie, I have 6hrs and 47 mins left of being 25 and then its bloody hello middle age 26 haha. Seriously I still feel/act like I'm 18 the majority of the time, where has the last x amount of years gone too. Ahhh well age i just a number I suppose, I will be 25 with a years anniversary on top. Plus I'm still ill with this weird throat/gland/sinus blahh which I've had for well over a week now. Hasn't stopped me going shopping anyway,so I can't be that bad.


Rant over- apologies...


Anyway back to the point of this post- now I was going to do a seperate best of 2010 post and then my December favourites too, however as the majority of the products I have been using in December are some of my favourite products I thought would mash them up together.

Fructis Bamboo Flexihold Hairspray- this is the only hair spray which keeps my curls in all night on a night out. Bad thing is if it gets to the back of your throat you feel sick (but that happens with any hairspray though). Label M Blow Out Spray- very good heat protector, smells lush, pricey (£10.50) but as I only use it before a night out- it lasts ages. Philip Kingsley Elasiticizer- you know how much I love this- has done wonders for my hair. Its pricey but its definately worth it. Full product review to come soon.

Benefit Coralista- I won this in Sabina's giveaway a few months ago and this is the product I use 99% of the time on my cheeks for work. It looks fab on tanned/pale skin- love it. Mac Posey Creamblush- this is what I use for a night out- regardless of how long you are out, it stays put. Sometimes I also use this on my lips. Chapstick- normally its the medicated stuff which I use, but it does the trick. I think my lips have become used to this as no other lip balm works as well.

Mac eyeshadows in Knight Divine and Typographic- these two shadows form the basis of my going out smokey eye. You will never ever see me on a night out with a neutral eye. Really like these shades as they last all night and really make my green eyes pop. Going to do a proper post soon on the products I use for a smokey eye. Max Factor False Effect Mascara- the HG of all mascaras, I won't hear a bad word said about it (JEM loves this too along with Badgirl).

This was the year I finally got into my lipsticks, before it was always glosses. These two have been my constant go to lipsticks- Mac Plink! and Hue (more so Hue). Also my favourite gloss to pair up with these- Mac Lipglass in Florabundance.

I don't think I will ever get sick of the smell of either of these- Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb and Chanel Coco Madomselle. Nail polishes- Models Own Nude Beige,Black Magic and Barry M Pink Flamingo- none of those need an explanation. You all know and love the brands.

Johnson and Johnson's 24 hour moisturising cream- with the cold snap the UK has recently had, this cream has prevented it from drying out. I'm currently onto my third tub, and as its normally on offer in boots, superdrug or tesco- I'm not breaking the bank. Hawaiian Tropic Body Butter- this keeps my fake tan in and it smells of holidays- what more do you want from a product?? Normally this retails for £10 in boots, however its only £2.99 in Home Bargains. St Tropez Self Tan Mousse- I used to hammer the sunbeds for my tan at the beginning of the year- not any more since I have started using this. I normally buy a 240ml bottle of ebay for about £15 (retails for £30 in the shops) and this normally lasts me 6-8 weeks. Only downside with this product is the blotchy skin which is left- if anyone can recommend a good exfoilator (which is like grit) or has used the St Tropez detox oil,let me know.

Quite possibly my two favourite products of the year- crest whitening strips (I've previously done a review on these) and cleansing wipes (59p from home bargains). Use these on a daily basis (well not the whitening strips) and I love these.

So thats what I've been using this year- whats been your favourite products of the last year?? If there is anything you want reviews on- what you've seen above or anything I've mentioned on the blog please let me know xx

No comments:

Post a Comment