Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Party Week- Day 5- Keeping Warm

Now when it comes to this time of year, I normally end up wearing somesort of jacket when I go out. You can never go wrong with a leather biker jacket- I got mine in Feb from New Look for a bargain £25 and I always wear it out.

Blazers are another staple in my wardrobe, I love oversized boyfriend blazers over dresses and skirts/tops, fashionable and keeps you warm- two thumbs up in my book.

Remember when you try biker jackets and blazers on, make sure you are able to roll the sleeves up- makes the outfit look fab while looking like you've just thrown it together- when really its been planned in military precision.

I've posted a picture of my favourite trophy jacket too- I got mine in the Boxing Day sales last year for £25 down from £85. These jackets never go out of fashion, and most can be found on ebay for a fraction of the price.

Remember if there is a few jackets which you want- why not wait until the sales and get twice the amount. I've got my eye on a couple of these below.


Black Blazer £34.99 H+M, Oversized Blazer £65 Topshop (I want this in the sales), Stripe Trim Blazer £28.80 Forever21 (this is a dupe for the original black Topshop Boyfriend blazer), Cream Slouch Blazer £49.99 River Island (my newest blazer addition- wearing this out for Mad Friday with work).

Silk Blazer £125 Kate Moss for Topshop, Minkpink Sequined Blazer £120 Asos (I got my black sequinned blazer from Republic for £30), Oyster Shawl Collar Blazer £65 Topshop, Frazer Blazer £115 French Connection.

Lace Jacket £75 Oasis, Floral Batwing Kimono £50 Topshop (I need this in my life so badly, this is quite long on the body), My bargain Topshop Trophy Jacket (avaliable on ebay), Beaded Stud Cardigan £70 Topshop (this is very heavy on- tried it on in the shop).

Asos Leather Biker Jacket £95 Asos (New Look/Primark have copies of this in for less), Cropped Biker Jacket £120 River Island, Larna Faux Fur Jacket £60 Boohoo (Primark have similiar jackets in for £20ish), Grey Rouched Sleeve Blazer £55 Topshop (I have this and it goes with everything).

So those are my top picks of jackets, and I think in this weather you definately need something to keep you warm while your waiting in the taxi queue. Also the thing about these jackets (bar the trophy ones as personally I think they're more Christmas/New Year) is you can wear them all year around- you will get your moneys worth from it.

If you have any questions, or outfit advice, leave a comment or drop me an email.

Right I'm off to grab some food before X-Factor starts. Fingers crossed Shaun wins I'm a Celeb and I win the office sweepstake :) xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment