Sunday, April 17, 2011

PFMI World 2011 Kanishtha eyes Miss World crown

PFMI World 2011 Kanishtha eyes Miss World crown

Kanishtha Dhankhar's parents' happiness knew no bounds when their dear daughter was announced as Miss India World 2011 at the Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2011 on Thursday night. It was a proud moment for the Dhankhars as Kanishtha was crowned with the coveted title. Talking about the night when one of her biggest dreams came true, Kanishtha says, "My father, my mother had come down from Delhi to be with me at the Miss India night. And my winning the title made it all worthwhile. It was my parents' wedding anniversary yesterday and what better gift could I give them?" The pretty girl celebrated her victory along with her parents and sister who had specially flown down from Singapore to attend little sister's special night. Felling blessed about the support and love that her family and friends showered on her during her journey from a no body to Miss India World, Kanishtha feels that it's the presence of people who love and care for her who acted as her lucky charm at the grand finale night. Recalling the moment when the decision was just about to be announced, Kanishtha says, "There were no thoughts in my mind. I went completely blank. I was standing there holding hands with Rakul Preet and Ankita (fellow contestants). But my mind was calm. And just as they announced my name, I was super happy that all my hard work has been rewarded. I was blowing kisses to the judges and the audience. I was very happy. It was my day." However, the young talent knows that the battle is just half won. "It's a long way ahead. Now my entire focus is to get on international grounds and win the Miss World title," she reveals. And will Bollywood follow we ask and pat comes the reply. "Of course! I love Bollywood and I would love to be a part of it. However the Miss World crown is my main focus." For now, Kanishtha has a plan chalked out to use her Miss India title to its best potential. "I can feel the power that the title has. It's been just a day after I have been crowned and I already can think of so many things that I can do with this platform," she reveals and further tells us about her drawing inspiration from her grandfather – an active social activist. "My granddad has been actively involved in a lot of social work and I want to do the same. Be it educating the rural masses or getting funds for a village's development or then spreading HIV awareness, I want to work for a better society in every possible way," she signs off

.Blog Advertising

PFMI World 2011 Kanishtha eyes Miss World crown

No comments:

Post a Comment