Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Somethings are worth a second chance...

...scummy men not being one of them.

As you may remember not so long ago I bought and did a review on Xen Tan Luxe Lotion which you can find here which I think looking back must have been a dodgy bottle. Now the lovely Amy from Xen-Tan contacted me and asked if I would like to try their Xen-Tan dark lotion, as this should produce a deeper tan. She kindly also sent a little booklet on tanning and a mitt.


Xen-Tan says "Packed with rich moisturisers and premium ingredients, Dark Lotion glides onto skin and leaves it feeling nourished and silky smooth. Enriched with coconut and walnut oils, it helps you achieve a stunningly natural olive tan that's exceptionally longwearing. And to make sure you enjoy a beautifully balanced result, it doesn't gather at the ankles or elbows, and fades evenly".

Now I won't lie I was a bit apprehensive about trying this product, and I decided for a test run I would only try the product out on my legs, and then St Tropez my top half. I also made the conscious decision not to follow any of the recommended guidelines and apply it as if I were using my St Tropez- basically exfoliate the 2 nights before, and moisturise like a good un.

When applying this firstly I was majorly impressed with the smell- it smells like battenburg, completely different to the luxe tan (making me think it was an off bottle). Also unlike St Tropez I only needed 4 pumps worth of product to do each leg (and I'm 5'10")- a little goes a long way!! Excellent value for money. There is a guide colour when you put it on, its not as dark as the St Tropez which I am used too, however you can clearly see where the product is. One major advantage of this product is how quickly it soaks into your skin- I had my pj bottoms on 15 mins after applying it. Unlike other fake tans which I have used none had rubbed off during the night- major selling point for me.

Now I left this on for about 18 hours before rinsing- (I normally just wear trousers for work if I fake tan my legs and don't wash the tan off) and this gives the product plenty of time to develop. For some reason the longer the tan is left on my legs the better it develops. Normally with St Tropez when I rinse my tan off, more ends up in the bath than on my skin, hence me doing 3 coats for a night out. However what really shocked me with the Xen-Tan was that hardly nothing came off in the bath.

These pictures are my legs after one coat...
Check out the comparison!!!

Bronzed goddess!!

These were my legs on the Wednesday evening and they were still this brown on the Saturday when I went out. I'm really impressed with this- all is forgiven!!! Now I don't know how long it would take for it to fade gradually as on the Sunday I started the fake tan detox ready for my holidays. I will definately be purchasing their facial tanner to use on my face and this dark lotion!! I'm so glad I gave this another chance.

I spied in Look Magazine the other week that Xen-Tan will shortly be releasing a Scent Secure product which you put over the tan after 4 hours which changes it to a melon (I think) smell. Ideal for those who don't like the smell of fake tan.

Xen-Tan I salute you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment