Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Upcoming Mac Collections...

I am finally feeling 100% again - thank you for your messages the other day, however the love affair between me and Buck is officially over. Now I was going to do a post today on my clip in hair extension disaster, however I have been majorly side tracked by Tao's makeup blog and her swatches of the upcoming Mac collections.


Now its one thing seeing the promo shots, which I sometimes don't think show a product to its full potential (a bit like the mac website), and I haven't been that fussed by the upcoming collections... however that opinion has changed. I thought I would share with you my favourites, for more swatches have a look on Tao's blog. I think I may be spending quite a bit of money on make up in the next few months...


Viva Glam Gaga 2.


Following the massive success of her first lippy the Queen herself is back with a light warm beige/nude (amplified creme) lipstick. Now the promo shots really don't do this product justice, however after seeing these swatches, I will definately be buying this. I'm not too keen on the lipglass personally, however I need this lippy in my life, and its for a fab cause (another reason to buy it). For some reason this colour reminds me of the Caramel Nails Inc (Diet Coke) nail polish- ooo I could get all matchy matchy.

Jeanius.

Lipsticks in Acid Washed (greyish beige with gold pearlized pigments) and Riveting Rose (Deep Burgundy with blue pearlized pigments). Personally I'm not keen on these lipsticks- I think you will have probably gathered that its all about the nude lippy for me. For some reason darker colours/reds don't suit me. Blushes in Pink Cult (mid tone neutral pink) and Overdyed (bright magenta)- I am loving pink cult and I definately will be picking one of these up out of this collection. Thinking Pink Cult will be my new workstaple, not so keen on Overdyed, however no doubt a little will go a long way.

Now to my personal favourites out of this collection...
...the eyeshadows.
Jeanius eyeshadows in (clockwise) Diva in Distress (mid-tone grey with silver pearl overspray), Stovepipe Black (Black with copper pearl overspray), Motorhead (mid-tone blue with copper pearl overspray), and White Jeanius (white with silver overspray). You know how much I love a smokey eye, and these shadows are right up my street!! I want them all!!

Quite Cute.
The promo shots for this definately caught my eye after seeing it on Steph's blog, and the collection definately lives up to my expectations.

Lipsticks in Saint Germain (Pastel Pink), Play Time (Intense Violet), Quite Cute (Whitened Lavender), and Candy Yum Yum (Neon Pink). Swatches- (l-r) Candy Yum Yum, Quite Cute, Play Time, and Saint Germain.There is also Playing Koi lippy (creamy white peach pink not pictured) in the collection. I think if you had to match lipstick colours to season, Mac have definately nailed this. I wish I had the balls to pull off Candy Yum Yum- this is definately a colour I know my bestie would be able to wear and get away with. I really like Play Time (and that makes me sound about 5), however I have my heart set on....
Plushglass in Bubble Tea, I <3 U, Girl <3 Boy, and Fashion Fanatic. Mineralized Blush (The heart goes all the way through) in Giggly, Sakura, and Miss Behave. I really want the lipglasses in Girl <3 Boy and Fashion Fantatic- for some reason FF reminds me of my all time favourite lipglass Florabundance.
Seriously how cute are these mineralized blushes?? I wouldn't want to use them, as they're too pretty. I want all three!!


How excited are you for these collections?? Do you buy into the hype or stick to the perimant lines?? I am going to be skint!!! xxx

*all images are from Tao's blog*

No comments:

Post a Comment