Friday, October 8, 2010

Featuring.. LilyLipstick

I love Lily's blog- she's soo pretty and I love her individual style and her take on everything!! Anyway over to Lily...


Shoes Glorious Shoes.
For one post only, I'm taking over Who Is She. My name's Lily and I have my own blog
LilyLipstick where I ramble mostly about make-up with the occasional fashion post and smoothie recipie thrown in. I'm a 23 year old London girl currently trying to cram in as much shopping as possible before my student discount expires. I love bargains, Starbucks coffee and indulging in my magazine addiction.
Today I'm going to talk about shoes. I don't think this love of mine has received enough recognition on my own blog so I thought it'd be a great guest post to do on Who Is She. It almost seems cliched as a girl to admit to loving shoes but er, I do. For three years I worked in the shoe department of John Lewis which definitely cermented my shoe addiction - being surrounded by pretty shoes all day meant that each month my paycheck was spent on a gorgeous pair that I'd spent the last few weeks admiring and trying on in the stockroom when my boss wasn't looking. The job is now almost a distant memory but I still have the shoes and the highly useful skill of being able to correctly guess someone's shoe size.

Now that my flip flops and sandals have been returned to the back of my wardrobe until May, it's time to think about winter shoes. I've out picked my 6 favourite pairs from the high street which should be enough to carry you through until the January sales.



Left - right, clockwise.

1. Kernal Boots - Office

These boots are just gorgeous. So warm and soft whilst being practical enough to withstand the lovely British weather. I'll be wearing these with jeggings or to toughen up floral dresses.

2. Buckle Shoes - New Look

I love New Look's shoe range, they have a great selection and the prices are amazing. These buckle flats will look great for day time and are smart enough for work on days when I don't want to wear heels.

3. Echinacea heels - KG by Kurt Geiger

KG is my favourite brand for "treat yourself" shoes. These red heels are just gorgeous. The giant platform will add a valuable few inches (I'm 5'1) while the bright colour will cheer me up just by seeing them in my wardrobe. They're £150, which is a little pricey but by the time the party season comes around they'll be lifesavers.
 
4. Black Zip-Up Heels - M&S Limited Collection
I love M&S's Limited Collection shoes. They have an amazing range, look far more expensive than they actually are and come in half sizes which is unusual for a high street shoe. I love the zip and rather dangerous looking metal heel. And they're only £35.

5. Turquoise Frank Brogues - Office

Brogues are still big this winter and this Office pair are beautiful. I love the masculine design in such a vibrant colour. I'll wear these with black opaque tights and an all black outfit to make them standout.

6. Heeled lace-up boots - Schuh

Schuh always has something a little different. These heeled boots look tough but will give me extra height for daytime and for those days when you just HAVE to wear heels. I'll wear these with jumper dresses and to smarten up my giant parka jacket.

What shoes will you be wearing this winter?


No comments:

Post a Comment