Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Your Face, My Place #1 Jules

Hi, I’m Jules and my blog is basically a lifestyle blog on... life!  I post about fashion buys under £40, beauty buys under £10, trying to survive on a budget along with more serious posts.  I have been blogging since October 2010 and, after a money reality check, now only have £100 to spend each month on fashion and beauty buys (eeek!!!).  Oh and this doesn’t include my hair budget - yes I spend more money on my hair than I do on my clothes.  But I still manage to keep in my budget! :)

Anyway, thriftiness aside, Ray has asked me to do a post today on my FOTD.  Normally, I HATE doing these (along with outfit posts) as I’m not photogenic.  Really.  Let’s not go there.

This is a half-decent phot of me.  After the 10th attempt.

My make up on a day to day basis is glowing natural goddess.  i.e. I like to have a bit of colour on my face yet love to keep my makeup looking neutral.

All of my make-up is under £10 a pop (as I keep to a strict budget each month), apart from my concealer as I bought that a few months’ ago as a treat.  So, the makeup that I used are -
Concealer - Benefit’s Boi-ing in shade no. 2.  Okay, this is (admittedly) the most expensive makeup item that I own.  It retails about £18 but the quality is fab!  It’s a shame that there’s not enough product in the pot as I nearly ran out of it after a month of using it..... *sigh*
Foundation - Rimmel’s Match Perfect foundation in 040 Soft Beige.  For ages I’ve been searching and searching for the perfect concealer.  Ladies, I think I’ve found it!  It goes perfectly with my concealer, lasts for ages, contains SPF 15 and it’s a bargain at only £5.99! :)  {I actually hate spending loads on foundation!!!}
Bronzer - Natural Collection Bronzer in Golden.  Even though it’s only around £2, I can’t rate this product enough!  The colour is perfect for my skintone, makes my face looks more in-sync with my body (i’m a wannabe Geordie girl - COUGH!) and it lasts all day.  Love!
Eyebrow Pencil - I’ve used Rimmel’s dark eyebrow pencil.  I use it everyday as my eyebrows are a mousy brown and, without it my eyebrows look like a mess and they won’t go with my red hair.  Definitely a make-up essential for me! :D
Eyeshadow - I use an eyeshadow set for my eyes, yet only use two colours out of it!!!  I use Avon’s true colour quad that contains golds and browns - I only have it as my granny gave it to me; I’m normally a Rimmel girl!!  The colour lasts around 8 hours if you wet your brush before applying the colour to your eye :)
Eyeliner - I use 3 - yes three - eyeliners.  I use Exaggerate auto eyeliner in Black (to trace my top line/flick), Flash Liner in Black (to go over my flick) and Maybelline Khol Express Brown for under my eyes (and the insides of my eyes).
Mascara - Believe it or not, I use TWO Mascaras, which gives me the false eye look whenever, wherever.  My first coat, which is applied on the upper and lower eyelashes, comes from Bourjois Clubbing in Black (which is fab despite the product becoming thick after a few weeks); and the 2nd coat, which is applied to the top lashes only, is from Maybelline’s one by one mascara, which declogs my lashes.
Cheeks & Lips - For my cheeks, & lips, I put on Benefit’s Posie Tint, which I got free from Glamour mag a couple of months’ ago, and it gives a subtle tint to my cheeks and lips.  To make my cheeks even more pink, I’ve used Bourjois Little Round Pot in Rose D’Or, which I got for a bargainous £2 at an event!  I’ve had it since November and there’s still loads of the product left! :)  Finally, to give my lips some shine, I’m currently using Ciaté in St Barts, which I got free with Marie Claire a few weeks’ ago (plus it normally retails for £9)!

Thanks for reading my post!  If you would like more tips on how to be more bargainous with your fashion & beauty finds then please visit my
blog! :)

Love Jules! x
Massive thank you to Jules for taking part in this feature, if you want your face of the day posting on here, leave me a comment below with your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment