Sunday, May 29, 2011

Asin's Bollywood dreams

Asin's Bollywood dreams

Her last Tamil film, Kavalan, did average business at the BO, giving her career and that of her co-star Vijay an impetus. It also seemed a smart move, given that in the time since her move to Mumbai, Asin has had only two releases, the last of which (London Dreams) was a dud.

Now, she's back with her third Hindi film, with which she's not only hoping to up her game, but also figure out if audiences appreciate her on-screen pairing with good pal Salman Khan. "London Dreams, my first film with Salman, didn't work at the BO, so audiences may wonder if our pairing will actually work. While I cannot be a judge of our on-screen chemistry, the fact that this is our second film together helps. There is chemistry if there is some kind of basic understanding between actors, which I have with Salman. I share a rapport with him and even get his straight-faced sense of humour. But the script also needs to give us something to work on. London Dreams missed out there," says Asin.

The actress, who doesn't have any south projects in hand at the moment, has a a lot riding on the success of this film. And early next month, she is off to London to shoot for Sajid Khan's Housefull 2. "Housefull 2 goes on the floors next month. We're shooting in London for a month and a half, so I'm not going to be around to see how my film does at the BO. But I've never worried about the final product if I've given it my all," says Asin, adding that she's excited to be working with Akshay Kumar in Housefull 2. "This is also going to be my first attempt at out-and-out comedy. I'm going to have a blast," she says.

But why isn't Asin doing more south films? She's been claiming that offers continue to come in droves. "I have offers, but if I were to take up any of them, it would have to be a script that would let me do something that I haven't yet done. I can't keep repeating myself," she signs off.

Asin's Bollywood dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment