Monday, April 25, 2011

Ray to the rescue #1

I don't know if this is going to be a new feature on the blog, however if you like the style of this post and you have a dilema I'll make this into a regular feature.

The dilema from Stephy-

"my mam is going to a ball and wants to wear a maxi dress (not too causal/not too formal). She's not liking any of the dresses I've picked out for her, can you find me some dresses which are affordable"

fear not...Ray to the rescue....


Top Row (l-r)- grey dippy hem dress £36, Miss Selfridge, Stripy Jersey Midi £11, Primark, Orange Maxi £13, Primark, Multi Print Halter £39.50, Dorothy Perkins, Limited Edition nouveau beaded maxi £175, Topshop, Missoni Rona Maxi Dress £1770, Net-a-porter.com, Blue embellished maxi £45, Dorothy Perkins.
Bottom Row (l-r)- Stripey Maxi £13, Primark, Ehina Embellished Maxi £170, Coast, Rust smudge maxi £32, Miss Selfridge, Halter Neck Maxi £24.99, New Look, Taupe Multi Ada dress £25, Fashion Union, Ted Baker Birdcage Print £199, Asos, Wooden Beaded neck maxi £24.99, New Look.

My picks for Steph's mam- 1,5,7 (top row), 4,5,7 (bottom row)

I know what you're about to say, Steph's mam wanted something "affordable" however I thought it would be useful in these sorts of posts to cover a wide variety of prices- to show that you can get better quality items at a lower price.

The items which  I have picked up are verstile- they can be dressed up or down. Throw on a light denim jacket and a pair of flip-flops and there you have a fab outfit to go shopping in or an outfit to sit in a beer garden for an afternoon sesh. Come night time- whack on the ghetto gold accessories, or throw on a biker jacket (sleeves rolled up), messy hair, killer pair of heels and your ready to dance the night away.

Plus you have to remember the one major advantage of wearing a maxi dress on a night out- you can wear flats underneath them and no-one will know the difference, well except your friends when your still on the dancefloor at 2am and your friends feets are all killing- then they may click on.

I sometimes think that the UK press have kinda engrained into our minds that for occasion dress where you should go to places such as Coast which can be quite expensive. However places such as Primark and New Look have fab low cost solutions which when teamed with the right accessories can look way better than an expensive dress. Plus by spending less, you can afford to buy more than one if you have lots of weddings/events to go too.

I'm not going to lie- I am in love with the Ted Baker dress, if someone wants to buy me it please feel free.

If you have any fashion dilemas or want my take on a particular trend/shop/print or colour even, drop me an email at raybanrarr@gmail.com, a tweet @whoissheblog or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment