Thursday, April 14, 2011

How often is too often?? Mac Fashion Flower Collection

Now I know I love Mac as much as the next person, but I must say I am starting to get a bit sick with how eager Mac is in trying to get us to part with our hard earned cash. Considering its mid-April, there has been numerous collections realised to date so far this year- WW, Peacocky, Quite Cute, and does Tartin Tale count too? Then don't forget the new forumla of lippies and colour bases, and then the collaborations. Really is there any need in yet another "limited" collection ready to be released??

Cue the Fashion Flower Collection (release date May 2011)...


Now I have to admit that I always see a 1001 things from upcoming collections which I want- however I only own a lippy and two pigments from previous collections. For some reason I never really get around to buying them.I don't think its fair on us how they repackage items and brand them as limited edition for them to re-release so many months down the line (however if its your HG item- then I think its a good thing- think i've just contradicted myself there).

Wouldn't it not be more common sense for Mac to do say 4 collections a year?? Then incorporate the best sellers into their permanent lines. I think the reason for writing this post, is to get your opinions on this, I feel like other "high end" brands don't have half as many collections as Mac.

However here's some sneak peeks from the Fashion Flower Collection- I'm really not keen on this collection (I only really like the pink lippy but it reminds me of Angel or Plink- which I already have).

All images are taken from All Glam's blog.
Summer Shower Light aqua (Glaze), Mlle Light white pink (Glaze)(Repromote) not shown, Ever Hip Bright creamy coral (Cremesheen) (Repromote Liberty of London), Growing Trend Mid-tone taupe nude (Amplified Creme). Does Growing Trend remind you of Viva Glam Gaga 2 or Creme d'Nude??

Lucky Green Frosted mid-tone lime (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent), Fresh Daisy Frosted mid-tone yellow white (Frost) (Limited Edition), Bows & Curtseys Metallic hunter green (Satin) (Limited Edition), Aqua Aqua blue (Matte) (Permanent), Free to Be Bright true coral (Matte) (Permanent), Groundcover Mid-tone warm grey (Matte) (Limited Edition).

What do you think of this collection?? Is there really any need in yet another Mac collection so soon after Quite Cute?? Do you think Mac is taking advantage of the consumer??

No comments:

Post a Comment