Friday, March 25, 2011

Summer Trend Spotlight

Whilst Ray is tanning herself up on sunny beaches and sipping on Pina Coladas, you girls are unfortunately stuck with a post from me... Bonjour! My name's Alana, I have a little blog called xoxo AVS where I just babble on about the clothes I wear & buy, my stressful uni life and my cat, Max.  


I decided to go with a summery theme inspired by Ray's jet setting ways, so here for you ladies is a first glimpse at 4 key trends and styles that I'm gonna be rocking this summer (in LA no less). When my next student loan instalment comes in the high street won't know what's hit it.


When I went shopping last week, in each shop I was surrounded by gorgeous floaty coral dresses, tapered coral trousers, perfectly tailored coral blazers and sexy coral heels. This colour is the staple for your wardrobe this summer; wear with any neutral colour and it looks great, add turquoise accessories and it looks divine.

A classic pattern that comes back around each year. Stripes are the epitome of Parisian chic and ever so versatile, wear with cream tapered trousers, hair in a top knot, oversized sunnies, and of course the Chanel-style quilted chain bag.


This look is one I’ve recently fallen in love with, I love how the leather jacket totally toughens up such a feminine skirt. As demonstrated by the ladies above, different patterned Maxi’s such as stripes + leopard print, teamed with a plain tee and the jacket creates a rock chic look that will make your friends green with envy.
The final trend I’m digging this summer is the oversized hat, last summer I had extremely short hair so hats didn’t suit me at all, this year I’ve got extensions and a fringe so I’m thinking the hat is going to be my big thing. These ladies below wear them with perfectly tousled hair and neutral colours.

Girls, I hope you've got some summer inspiration from this post, a variation of each of these items featured here are available from the usual suspect shops such as H&M, Topshop, New Look, ASOS & Miss Selfridge.

It was lovely to meet you! Hopefully see you again soon girlies!
XOXO AVS

No comments:

Post a Comment