Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Betty Hula- JEMs Take

Hello peeps,

Sorry I've been so slack and not written anything for ages.  I haven't even got a decent excuse, except for the fact that being pregnant means I spend most of my free time sleeping.  Growing a BabyJem is exhausting work!!  But, being the brave soul that I am, I have dragged myself from my ass dent in the mattress to write a few reviews for you.

First up is the Betty Hula products lovingly donated by Ray. She has passed along the Rum and Blackcurrant cream, the Champagne and Spice cream, and The Secret, an anti-aging oil. Being that I'm waaaaaaaaay older than Ray (or 4 years, depends on who you ask) and also that BabyJEM is in the process of extracting all the natural moisture from my skin and leaving me with dry patches the likes of which I have never seen, I was quite excited about trying these products.

I will start with the oil, as that's probably my favourite.  As I said, my skin is sensitive, patchy and dry at the moment (never was before) and this goes on gorgeously after a shower or bath.  At £15.99 (incl free P&P) for 50ml I might be using this as a substitute from now on for my all time uber-favourite, the Decleor Aromessence Neroli Oil  (which normally retails at £40+ for a similar sized bottle).  It smells girly, rosey and sweet, and suprisingly absorbs right into the skin for instant moisture.  I like to put mine on right after a long soak in the bath while my skin is still slightly damp before bed...
Will be ordering some more of this when my sample runs out.

Next the creams.  I'll be honest, the rum and blackcurrant didn't make it out of the jar.  It might just be pregnancy-nose, but it smelled like a drunken bum who'd fallen asleep in the fruit cart.  Ugh.  The champagne and spice was much nicer, lighter, and I actually gave this a good crack but I wasn't 100% thrilled - it's probably okay for normal skin but as mine is so horribly dry right now it didn't have enough moisture for me.  The scent is lovely and quite festive tho, and I'd probably give it another go after my skin gets back to normal.

Any questions, just ask!  Happy New Year to everyone - hope you had an awesome festive season and ate and drank lots!

Love,
JEM
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment