Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Party Week- Day 3 Tops

Hey Loves,

Been able to get into work today thanks to a shove from my dad to get my car going up the street :)York's been put back a few weeks (gutted about not going to CCO today).

So as this was supposed to be yesterdays post... Day 3 is today and we're focusing on tops. For some strange reason I very rarely wear tops when I go out (no I don't flash my bra to the world), I normally wear a plain vest with trousers/leggings/skirts and then add a trophy jacket.

However after seeing these gems on the high street, I think I may be persuded to wear something different next time I'm out. As long as your bottom half is something plain (or a block colour) any of these items would work. Personally if I'm wearing a patterned skirt, I stick to a plain vest.

These are my must have items. I've tried not to include much Topshop as all will be revealed on the last lot of pictures.

Beige Net Embellished Tunic £39.99 River Island (need this in my life), Crafted Hero Vest Top £16.99 Republic, Feather Print Pussybow Blouse £34 Topshop (also need this in my life), Cutwork Bubble Hem Top £16.99 New Look (a staple piece for your wardrobe).

Beaded Detail Crinkle Top £15 (in sale) Oasis, Asos Swirl Sequin/Bead Vest £55 Asos (really like this), Chariot Top £105 All Saints (I wear this as a dress), Dominique Embellished Neck Top £12 Boohoo.

Hollywood Leather Look Tee £55 Reiss (want this in the sales), Lace Bodysuit £12.99 New Look (the lace trend is here to stay), Navy Crop Lace Trim Top £29.99 River Island, Layla Top £90 All Saints.

Paprika Leopard Print Bralet £22 Asos, Sheer Pussybow Shirt £32 Miss Selfridge (also avaliable in other colours), Greco Top £39.90 Mango, Sequin Butterfly Tee £35 Miss Selfridge. 


Topshop Boutique Cashmire Blend Vests £20.

Now I can't rave highly enough of these vests- I know they are a plain vest, but for some reason they look so much dressier on a night out than normal Topshop vests. They're long enough for 5'10 me, and they're baggy. I always like my vests to be baggy on me, as I feel they look more dressier than a clingy vest (however thats just my personal opinion. I think American Apparel vests are really over priced and the quality is poor- thats why I have spent the money on the above vests and unlike normal Topshop vests the colour doesn't fade after a few washes. Its worth investing in these.

Tomorrow was supposed to be Jackets, however JEM is back in action with a shoe post, so Jackets will be Saturday instead.

Remember if your unsure of what to wear for your Xmas Party, or want some advice, leave me a comment or email me and I'll advise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment