Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bloggers Meet Up- Additional Info

Bonjour,

So as I wait for my Office Christmas Buffet to start, I thought I better do some final research into our bloggers meet up in Feb (5/6th). Honestly can't believe its getting closer and closer, and I think its time to start getting things sorted/booked up.

As people will be travelling here on the Saturday, I have decided that for that day we stop in Durham itself (have a look around the shops),then have a meal somewhere- we can decide on the day at 4.30ish (just so people who aren't stopping for the night can come- could get cheap meal in Fat Buddha), then go back to the hotel get changed and go out for drinky poos and dancing.

For the Sunday, if people want to go to the Metro Centre or up to Newcastle we can do whatever people want.

Hotel.
Travellodge- Durham (its on Gilesgate bank)- rooms for the 5th (these are doubles, I think there are twin rooms too) is £39.50 (savers rate- non refundable), or £49.75 (flexible rate- refundable). Now the hotel can only check us in from 3pm, however they do early check in from 12pm for an additional £10. There is free car parking at the hotel. To save money- do people want to double up?? Let me know if you are willing to do that and I will pair yous up.

Travel.
Cars- If you come via the motorway (A1) you will need to come off at the Durham/Carville turnoff and come down the dual carrageway to Gilesgate roundabout, hotel is on your left.

Trains- I will be coming in my car, so I can help pick people up from the train station. Times/prices below are for one way only.

People from Manchester- you can get a Trans Pennine Express train from Manchester Picadilly direct to Durham at 11.27am to arrive in Durham at 1.50pm. Price is £18 one way (www.thetrainline.com). This will also stop at York.

Stacey suggested that singles to York from Manchester and then York to Durham would be cheaper. However there is only a £1 difference in the tickets (I checked thetrainline). So its up to you.

People from York- there is a train leaving York at 12.49pm and gets into Durham at 1.35pm. Price for this is £6.50. Or the 11.27am Manchester train will stop at York at 12.58pm and is £9.

I hope this makes some sense to you all, and doesn't look like some random ramblings of a mad woman. Please can you let me know if you are definately attending, and if anyone wants to room share with me, please let me know.

If anyone has any questions and don't want to leave a comment- email me raybanrarr@gmail.com.


xxx

Ps- just thought I would share this for you- there is a man running around my work place inside and out wearing nothing but a gold thong and a santa hat saying merry christmas. My eyes have been scared for life haha

No comments:

Post a Comment